Sunday, May 26, 2013

What the Commoner is Reading On Line

Today's challenge is to discuss something I'm reading on the internet.  So I looked at one of the many open tabs that I have going.  The only actual article as opposed to shopping website is on this website which I will link you to.

http://www.marathonrookie.com/nutrition.html

I will soon begin training for the Chicago Marathon.  Training begins on June 5th.  So you will probably be hearing a little bit about this as it will consume my world in the months to come.  

I'm sorry I will become one of 'those' people.

My biggest struggle believe it or not is what to eat.  Not during a race but during training.

My terrible eating habits have been well documented on this blog.  My love of donuts, pizza, and candy.  But I know that if I'm going to have the energy to carry out this crazy training schedule I'm going to need to eat better.

Things like vegetables and fruit.  Things like NOT candy or McDonalds.  


So that's what I've been reading on the internet.  Enjoy.  And wish me luck
 

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that website before. Like you, I'll be training for my first marathon this fall (mine's the Charlotte Thunder Road Marathon in mid-November), so this website is definitely going to come in handy!

    I don't care if you become one of 'those' people because I'm looking forward to reading all about your marathon experience (the training and the race)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh, as I'm the same way. If you're training for a marathon , you'll need more calories. So I say eat what you were eating before and just add in some fruits and veggies! :)

    ReplyDelete