Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Commoner's Favorite Quote

Today's job is to find my favorite quote.  It's not something I keep at the top of my head or tip of my tongue as I tell my students.  So I had to do some research.

This quote basically sums up why quotes are hard for me.

There's no shortage of inspirational quotes-thanks to Pinterest and Facebook.  I've had to hide most of them for fear of answering back something like this.
I do best with people who have a thick skin.  You have to be able to take it and you should also give it.  I appreciate this.  So for those friends with whom I can let my hair down this quote is for you.
In spite of how much I hate Julia Roberts-you know -the teeth and the cackle-one of my favorite movies is Steel Magnolias.  This quote has come in handy many times since living in politically correct California working with sensitive teachers.  People start to gossip and then stop and I have to say this.
It puts people at ease, and that's what I'm all about.  

But I do have a quote which I seriously love.  I'm sure I've posted it in my classroom, I'm sure I've said it many times.  Believe it or not it comes from Kanye West.

You know I love Kanye-after all-I'm sure there are now many people who would love to take the mic from Taylor Swift before she starts talking-especially all her boyfriends.

But he's a deep guy Kanye.  In spite of Kim Kardashian.  So for reals.  My favorite quote-from the song Homecoming by Mr. Kanye West.





1 comment:

  1. Great quote! I'm a Kanye fan, too. Late Registration is my favorite album.

    ReplyDelete