Monday, May 20, 2013

The Commoner's Struggles

I'm back to the blog challenge.  I confess -I missed Saturday.  I was dealing with the shoes.  I'm pretty sure I can tell Saturday's story another one of the days.


Today they want to know about something I'm struggling with.  
 What am I struggling with?  I'll tell you what I'm struggling with.  Getting through the last three weeks of school.

The last weeks of school are very hard for me because they are unstructured.  Everyone's tired and wants to be done.  You've given every ounce you can to get them ready for the next year but we all know it-we're done.  After all the tests are over.  

Please don't get me wrong.  I love teaching, I love my class.  But there's something about the promise of summer-endless days of freedom and mostly TIME.

We will have Olympic Day, Talent Show Day, Field Trip Day.  Some kids are ready to be finished with you, some are not ready to let you go.  Both offer difficult situations. 
 

We know it's here-we can smell it-we're just about done.  There's still so much to do.  Things left to teach, projects to finish, rooms to clean, cums to do, report cards to finish, gifts to prepare, it's all too much.

So I'm struggling to get to the the end of the year.

Face it-you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment