Saturday, May 25, 2013

Things People Tell the Commoner

Being a transplanted New Yorker living in California as a school teacher in a small town no-less means people don't even know what to make of me.  Almost all the time.
 If you've ever watched Curb Your Enthusiasm?  Things that happen to Larry David pretty much happen to me.  It's like I'm living a Seinfeld episode but I'm the only one.

I thought I was just being my normal self except that people thought I was funny.  You're really funny people would say.  To which I would reply

 The looks on people's faces is really something when I say this.  That in itself is funny.  Because I would recite the whole scene.

Someone I work with has a lot of time on their hands and is organizing a lunch time open mike.  She said, "You're pretty funny do you want to perform?"  I told her none of my material was suitable for children.

Funny how like I amuse you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment