Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Commoner Gives Some Advice

Today's blog challenge topic-give a piece of advice.  I'll admit most advice I give comes from The Godfather.  This was required in my house growing up as my grandfather LOVED that movie.  I learned to whistle the theme whenever he walked in the room.

You know these quotes and advice-Leave the gun take the cannoli,  Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, don't go against the family.  You know all of these.  I say these on a daily basis.

But I'm going to give serious advice to you.  I'm not going to joke around this time-The commoner is never serious but this time I will be.

You know those days when you are reading facebook and EVERYBODY else's life just looks oh so fabulous.  They are eating at fancy places and going to yoga, and reading books and taking vacations?  

You begin to feel sorry for yourself and maybe hate your life a little because you know-you get up in the morning, go to work, come home, eat, do some laundry, watch Real Housewives, pay some bills, get up and do it all over again?  

What you don't watch the Housewives?

Whatever.

You know what?  Those days are good.  You should be grateful for them.  Why you ask?  Your facebook friends are in Europe, or on a cruise, or skiing, or in Disney land again and here you are same old same old.

I heard this somewhere-from someone-and I remember it every day.  I swear I have no idea what famous person  said this on Oprah.  But it's great advice.  It may have been Tom Cruise.


Cherish those days-because at any moment something could happen to you.  It may be a big, terrible thing-job loss, health issues, accidents.  Terrible things.  Life shattering things.

But when those terrible things shake your world you would trade EVERY thing just to get back to that boring day.

So embrace the boring, humdrum of life-Someday you might trade everything just to have another one of those.

Now put on your Ray Bands and dance in your underwear.

That last bits for free!

1 comment:

  1. Great piece of advice! I fall into that trap on Facebook and Instagram. It's good to remember that the ordinary days are the ones to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete