Monday, April 4, 2016

I'm Back!!!!

Today starts my comeback from running and it looked like this.
It really wasn't bad.  My decision to not even think of working out on this trip was a good one.  It was cold, it was rainy, it was busy, and the jetlag was insane.  I could only sleep in three hour chunks which made me think I'm possibly over sleeping here on 7 hour slots.

So here are some highlights of the trip and what I was doing when I wasn't running or at the gym.  (I wasn't running or at the gym)
Thank you Aer Lingus for flying direct from San Francisco to Ireland.  It's far away and there's not much you can do to make it better.  But they had they special order meals which were great.  So far so good.

Sunday was a christening where there were no less than 100 Phillips.  Holy Cow.  Nice to have family and I wish I could celebrate at all these functions.


Sunday was also the 100th anniversary of the Easter Rising.  (Google it).  We went to a parade where the sun shined for us and we hung out with these cuties.

Monday Meghan arranged a party at Toners in Dublin.  This is where all the families and friends met and it went really well.

Tuesday was nail day.  We got our nails done in a place called Tropical Popicle.  They did a great job.  Apparently the girl from that movie Brooklyn got her nails done there and she plugged them on Ellen's so they are a big deal.  Then we ate at Gogarty two times.  Once with Rob once with Uncle Rocky and crowd.








 Wedding Wednesday



Thursday was the bus to Belfast.  That is a story of it's own.  I don't know what to say about this place.  So sad that religion is such a divider in the world.







Friday was the Guinness Factory and self proclaimed-Selfie Friday.  Everyone was a good sport and I selfied with every one.  These are some of the better ones.
And then we went home.   It was such a perfect week.

Now bring on the training.

No comments:

Post a Comment