Thursday, April 21, 2016

Matters of the Heart

I thought I was getting the hang of this running by heart rate thing.  But on today's tempo run.  Maybe not.  You can't have a tempo run if you can never actually get your heart rate low enough ever.
Maybe it's because I drink coffee before my run. But more likely it's that I'm in really bad shape.  How am I in really bad shape?  I always exercise.  Good thing I started marathon training really early.
Let's go with this.  Let's go with it will all work out.
Bad run, 


On another note this happened.

Prince is gone.  Out of nowhere Prince is gone.  I can't say I'm a huge fan but I've always admired and appreciated him.  I'm not even sure as I work my way through my playlist A-Z that there is even a Prince song on that list.  But I admire him for these reasons.

-He was original
-He is forever tied to my rock and roll days of college and bike racing and New York
-He never strayed from himself
-And I have  a real appreciation of anyone who stays true to their roots.  I have not been able to do this but Prince has.  He is still in Minnesota,  not a cool place like New York or LA but Minneapolis.  That's awesome and admirable.

We've lost a lot of people this year.  Another piece of my connection to my youth.  

That's enough 2016 leave us all alone

While today's A-Z song was Bridge over Troubled Water (Seriously I'm only up to the Bs and perhaps all those songs about breathing did me in on this run)  I'm going to post one of my favorite Prince Songs instead.



San Francisco sends it's love



No comments:

Post a Comment