Monday, April 18, 2016

Insomnia and the predawn workout

Waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom is always a gamble.  You never know if you will go back to sleep or not.  You have to try not to wake up too much and get back before your body realizes it was awake.
He's asleep sort of.

Anyway.  Up I was at 3:30AM and I spent 30 minutes trying to go back to sleep.  But no use so off to the gym I went.


This was my treat.  A yellow moon.  On the bottom picture it's next to a white street light-at least I think it's a white street light.

The good thing about going early to the gym is you can get your whole workout in.  I could tell I was in a crabby mood and I probably would be all day.  And I was pretty much at least for a few hours into the day.

But my bike ride was good (it wasn't a race)  and my friend Christy rode next to me (that's not christy) and I was able to sustain my heartrate target at 4 levels of intensity higher than on Saturday so that's awesome.
Some Irish candy later and some good laughs helped me to start feeling better.  I had some kids help me clean out my office because of the cock roaches (we found another-in the testing box HA)  and toward the end of the day I started to feel better.

I listened to music all day and made it to At the Zoo by Simon and Garfunkle  -The quest for the alphabetical song list continues.



No comments:

Post a Comment