Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Commoner Celebrates Thanksgiving

Everyone loves my Lenten Daily Random Acts of Kindness-I think they like them because they sometimes get treats-like coffee from Starbucks.  But they also lead to 40 days of springy Bitchiness-because well-it's draining to think of something nice to do every day.



I was reading Twitter yesterday when Dina Manzo former Real Housewife of New Jersey and traitor to her sister for siding with Teresa, said she was going to be thankful for something every day in November.  I thought great idea!  So in between snarky comments and observations about Hollister I'll let you know what I'm thankful for.

Now, while I'm a commoner, no second homes, not private jets, not even service in a restaurant on your birthday-but I'm also very lucky and very blessed.  Even though I'm the queen of complaining, in my mind and heart I always know this.
So today what am I thankful for?  I'm thankful for my class at school.  They test well, so my charts come out mostly green-which is a good thing.  Some of them I have known since before they were born because I know their parents really well.  Some are just awesome cute. But mostly I'm thankful that they are so nice and my days, while always a lot of hard work, are usually pretty easy.



I wrote that on the board today-I told them I was doing this-they were humble as usual and told me how great I was.  We are you see a mutual admiration society.
By the way-I didn't notice Dina being thankful for anything today-so much for that.

Stay tuned for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment