Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 2

Today I am really thankful that I was able to run 3 miles yesterday.  So that's pretty lame huh, but not so much.  I'm old you know and I'm lucky that my back, knees, and joints are still able to move let alone run.  I'm not so grateful for even having to run and not being naturally thin and able to eat whatever I want and not have to worry about cellulite, but oh wait-I've lost my train of thought.

My cousin Pat is my age and is running the NY City Marathon this weekend-next year I'm hoping to run with him, but if not at least yesterday I was healthy enough to run 3 miles really quickly on a Wednesday after school.

I walked into school today and the students gathered to see what I was going to write on the board to be thankful about today-my 3 mile run sparked the buzz around the room that they could run further than me-one kid is climbing half dome this year.  Like I said they always keep me humble but they were proud.

Tomorrow's Friday-that will be an easy one.




No comments:

Post a Comment