Monday, November 14, 2011

A Commoner is Thankful for the Perspective of an 8 year old

I am lucky really to have such a great job.  Kids are pretty awesome especially the ones in my class.  They are pretty special.  Today was the first day back since the van was destroyed by a garbage truck.  

Some of the kids knew this had happened already.  I had seen some at Costco and some have parents who are my facebook friends but they knew and they saw the pictures. But it was a big topic in my class.

They all had different perspectives but to make a long story short it was one student who said over and over to me all day.  Mrs. Phillips I'm so glad you weren't hurt because then we wouldn't have you here and we would miss you.  He said that over and over again through out the day.  That was a really bad accident Mrs. Phillips you are so lucky you didn't get hurt.

He even made me change my daily thankful post on the white board to I'm thankful I didn't get hurt in the car crash this weekend.

As I go muddling through paperwork over the next couple of weeks it really is important to make sure I remember and am thankful that I didn't get hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment