Monday, November 7, 2011

A Commoner is Thankful for the Desert

So this week I am in a conference for Professional Learning Communities and I'm in Palm Springs, California.  I've never been to Palm Springs California because there is no ice rink here. But you know what they have a lot of here in the desert? A lot of water.  There is water everywhere, ponds, fountains, pools, hot tubs, lakes, rivers, there's even a beach right here in hotel-oops I mean resort.
Yesterday it rained.  There's water everywhere.

I've only been to the dessert a few times and I know we learn about this in my classroom, but never in my pictures that the kids draw are there any of the above things.  The grass is green, the pools are warm and the water flows.  

So I'm thankful for my trip to Palm Springs and I'm thankful for the professional opportunity I've been given, but most of all I'm thankful that there is water in the desert, and it's not a dry vast wasteland like I've been led to believe all my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment