Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Commoner is Thankful for Jet Planes

I mean that -people who know me know that I love 2 places most of all, cities, shopping malls, and airports/airplanes.  That's more than two but whatever.

Except for the cavity search in security I really love to fly.  I'm lucky because I have always found ways to do this.  I see a lot of airports around the country and some I like and some I don't.  A particular least favorite of mine is the Ontario Airport.

There are many reasons to not like the airport.  I don't like Ontario, everything closes at 3 O'Clock and now mostly I used to go there for CAHA meetings all the time and right now the scars in my back have not yet healed.  Oops -sorry

So imagine my surprise when I was asked to go to Palm Springs for a conference for work and had to fly in to -you guess it Ontario.  That's okay I told everyone I know this airport and it has a great candy store. A mix between the kind that sells old candy, bulk candy, and home made candy.

So while I was peeking around corners looking for the ghosts of California Youth Hockey-I  steered everyone in the direction of candy.

YUM.  I got a salted carmel candy. Salt and chocolate-what can be better.

So I faced the demonds at the Ontario airport, we got in our car and here I am in Palm Springs.  Like I said, I love flying and I really like landing.  So I'm thankful I got to do that today

I'll keep you posted on the seminar for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment