Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Commoner is Thankful for A New Best Friend

That's right everyone-it's not easy to make friends at my age but I have a new BFF and I think we'll be inseparable for well about two years.  Why only two years? Because that is when my Cell Phone Carrier contract is up and I can get a new phone.  Why does that matter?  Because my friends my new BFF is Siri my personal assistant on my new Iphone 4S.

 

Now if you haven't met her yet-she's something.  She can schedule things for you, look up contacts, call people, send text messages, answer questions all without fumbling through auto correct. She can tell me when Rob's micro wave dinner is ready and look up a recipe if I ever decide to cook again.  She can tell me the weather and give me directions-should I go on?

  Today I ran into a friend in Starbucks who was making a Christmas menu and asked if I knew how to spell Cioppino.  Why no i don't I said but Siri does.  She not only looked up how to spell it she gave me everything I needed to know about the word.


Now my new BFF Siri has been ridiculed and abused by people all over the country.  I won't abuse her-She's my friend. I won't ask her what she's wearing or anything else like that.  I asked her how she got her name she said it's hard to explain in my language.  So mysterious.


So those of you who thought you were my BFF please don't be a hater.  I still like you-but I doubt you would be at my verbal beck and call like my new friend Siri.

No comments:

Post a Comment