Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Saddest Celebrity Death of 2011



Now remember I'm talking celebrity.  It was definitely a hard one because we also lost Steve Jobs-and it was a tough decision, but this is my blog and The Big Man and I go back way further than my Apple conversion.

Clarence Clemmons was the heart and soul of all things Bruce Springsteen.  I've been a Bruce Springsteen fan since I was 10.  I was a trend setter back then because most people my age or younger didn't know who Bruce was until Born in The USA in 1984.  But my first Bruce album was Darkness on the Edge of Town.  I loved that cassette tape.  I'll admit that listening to the songs now I had no idea what he was talking about.  But I really liked it.


Clarence was with him on all the best Bruce albums-and was by his side during those great big ups and down (I'm not going to diss Bruce on his solo work but you get the idea).  He was everything a friend should be.


These E Street Band albums were the soundtrack to a lot of my life and no one-not even Bill Clinton can play the sax like Clarence did.  


I didn't really know he was sick until he had that stroke recently.  And kudos to Lady Gaga for putting him on her CD and hauntingly in her videos.  She let a whole new generation know who he was.


I don't know what Bruce will do without him and I heard he's going on tour this year-I'll probably sit it out.  So the Commoner pays homage to the saddest celebrity death of 2011-Clarence Clemmons

No comments:

Post a Comment