Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Commoner Suggest Something for Some Indoor Competition



This commoner is EXTREMELY, Painfully competitive.  I can't help it.  You couldn't tell that by my Words With Friend's Scores but I am. I never let my kids win on purpose-really who wants to get beat at anything by a 5 year old.  I like to win and find ways to compete at almost anything I do -which is exhausting.


Anyway I'm suggesting tonight that you guys consider old fashioned, non electronic, old school board games.  We do this usually on Thanksgiving but if your kids are younger I think you should do it monthly or even weekly. Invite friends, have a tournament.


My favorites are scrabble, Monopoly, and Sorry.  I used to be good at scrabble before all my friends 'magically' learned words I'd never heard of.  I especially remember playing this with my mom.  The sound of the lunch bag we kept the letters in is a memory from childhood.


I love Monopoly.  We used to play the Free Parking Rule.  Which I loved because you could randomly win oogles of money.  I remember playing this with my cousin Pat because he would hate if I wouldn't trade properties with him. I hate trades and I knew it bugged him if I wouldn't.  Still-marathon games of Monopoly and cheating money out of the bank were so much fun.  And I'm pretty sure it's the last time I ever got second in a beauty pageant.


Sorry I loved for the sheer luck of the game.  Mindless and no strategy and so much fun to send people back to start.  I'm so viscous (I told you).


So for the commoners with families, friends, or even couples (although Rob won't play).  I offer you old fashioned board game.

No comments:

Post a Comment