Friday, December 16, 2011

The Commoner Suggest Some Merry Good Cheer!

At this point in the holidays things are in high gear.  You've kept up a pace of shopping, wrapping, writing cards, post office visits, decorating, baking, and other good cheer.  This is the weekend before the big event and it's time for a time out.

Today  being the last work day of the holiday season for my self my students and my friends it was a day of parties, love, gift giving, and a day I dubbed 'Fat Ass Friday'  (that's right I said ass) because I ate every thing that passed my way.

One of the perks of being a teacher (and believe it or not there are many) is the day before Christmas vacation.  Everyone's so excited and most of the students are as excited to give their teacher a gift as they are to receive a gift themselves.  This year my students really outdid themselves and the holiday spirit was thick in the air-it felt like Christmas.

I watched a family with nothing bring tamales for the whole class and an adult who has so much make a difference in that families life-that is the true meaning of Christmas-it was probably the most profound and personal Christmas act I have ever witnessed.

Then I went to a party with the people from work. Myself and my friends go to every party we are invited to -(go ahead invite us, the 5 of us will show up).   We come early, we stay late, we laugh hard, we eat a lot, and we talk loud but we always have fun.

So at this point in the holiday season the commoner suggest that you take a break and have some fun with people in your life.  You can finish the shopping, cooking, decorating, mailing, baking, wrapping, card writing, caroling and other good cheer on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment