Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Commoner's Late Night Run

I didn't get out for my run until 6PM.  On top of that I didn't get home from the board meeting until 10PM last night.  So the last thing I wanted to do was go for a run.
But Danny always convinces me that I should go.  So I made a deal with myself. I could run as slow as I wanted but I couldn't walk and I didn't have to do intervals when I slowed down.  That's when I do intervals when I start slugging.
This baby could have outrun me.  But it didn't really matter because  I did it.  I ran .  Even though I was tired and it was late and cold and windy.  I did it.  Oh and it was only three miles because on days when i have other things to do I have to shorten my runs.  That's okay because you do what you have to do.
Speaking of marathons.  For the third year in a row my city.  My hometown city-New York has rejected me from their marathon.  I don't know why I do it but I always enter and I always get rejected. Blast you New York why do you always reject me.
At least once there was a Bicycle Marathon.  I think I wasn't even racing then so maybe someone gave it to me.

What ever.  I have DC.  I'll run there.  Phooey NY 

Anyway.  The highlight of the day was NOT Making it in to the marathon because I already have a marathon this year.

Here's the song of the day for you.


Graceland from the Central Park Concert by Paul Simon.  Why Graceland?  I really want to go there. And Central Park in honor of my rejection.
Random Photo of the Day.  My mother made these for my shower.  She was very talented and artistic.  I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment