Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Commoner's Great Run

I knew today was going to be a great 12 mile run.  I could feel it and I knew it.  And it was...
See?  So happy.  I've made peace with the long runs.  I better since I'm going to be doing many many of them soon.  Anyway-the run was pretty fast.  It means that I can lower the goal pace of my half marathon run.

I didn't check the rest of my running schedule so I wasn't aware that this would be our last run on the trail until the week of June 23rd when marathon training begins.   I didn't get to bid farewell to the trail and all the parts of it that I love.  

It is of note that I was entertained by the aches of several different body parts that took turns aching.  My hip, my foot, some nerved thing, my shoulders.  Never very badly never all at the same time never enough to stop.  Just enough to know I was working hard.  And I was.

After all this is no trip to Disneyland

Anyway great run in the books and that was the Highlight of the Day.

Song of the Day?






 Pompeii by Bastille.  I love how he sings with an English Accent.  I also love the drum section and the African Beat.  It's a very 80s song.  I like the line "How am I going to be an optimist about this"





 I love this sad looking picture of Benjie like he's in a Charles Dickens story.

Have a great Monday
































No comments:

Post a Comment