Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Commoner's Views on Drugs and Alcohol

Today's challenge is to give you my views on drugs and alcohol.  ARE YOU KIDDING???? THERE"S NO WAY I'm treading that water.

 So instead I'm writing about running because it's National Running Day.  I declare tomorrow National wear a belt day but hey-that's beside the point.

Marathon training for October has begun and it's good so far.  Mostly because I've run 3 and 4 miles this week.  Hey this is easy!!!!




So I'm answering 10 questions about running posted by my favorite Runner Blogger Hungry Runner Girl.  Rather than fill out the comment section I sent everyone here.

10 questions about running with the flair of the commoner.


1.  On average how many races do you run a year?

I run about 7 races this year.  They are so much fun.  You get a free t-shirt usually.  That makes it so awesome.


2.  Head accessories, things you have to run with:  a hat, a visor, sunglasses, chapstick, sunscreen, head band, ponytail, braids, sweat band?

Here is what I wear when I run-a head band, a pony tail.  I use sunscreen but never ever put anything on my lips I don't like that at all.

3.  Where do your workouts come from?  A training plan, a coach, whatever you feel like doing that day or what your training partner is doing that day? 

Coach Bob makes them for me. He gets them somewhere.  I love them because they work.

4.  How many miles on average do you put on a pair of shoes?  

Every 300 miles I get new shoes.  Unless I'm racing Bay to Breakers-in which case I borrow old shoes with a thousand miles on them and I race in them.



5.  Cell phone=  do you bring it with you on your run or leave it at home?

I always bring it.  It has my music on it and my Nike App.  If you call me while I'm running  I will answer it and I will then tell you I can't talk I'm running.  No idea why I answer it-I'm hoping I can take a break I think.
 
6.  What was your last running related injury or have you been an injury free runner?

Shin splints and general aches and pains for which I will whine like a crazy person. 

7.  Is your current running goal about running a farther distance (adding more mileage) or getting faster or BOTH?!?

Current running goal?  Finishing the Chicago Marathon in 5 hours or less.  

8.  Speedwork—->  at the track, on the treadmill, on the roads or never do it?

Look it already with the speedwork people.  I'm happy to run at a decent pace.  I don't worry about speed.  I run to music.  Seriously to the beat of the song.


9.  Stretching after a run:  hit the ground after a run and get stretching,  stretch once you get to work/school, skip the stretching?

I stretch when I start-after I walk and before I run.  Then when I finish I do it again, this time really stressing the stretch on my hip.  I also stop during my run and stretch again.
 

10.  What was your reason(S) for starting to run?  

Cheap that's why -running is cheap.  Only not any more.  Now it's really expensive.  But it was cheap.  Also unless you are going to my trail in Morgan Hill you can step out your door and go.

Also I'm ready to outrun these guys.



So once again Happy National Running Day.  I ran 4 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment