Monday, December 16, 2013

Pants that fit-The Commoners Favorite Thing That Doesn't Exist

I've written about dresses being my favorite thing.  They are comfortable and you always look put together.  
But I like jeans.  When I was a kid wearing a uniform everyday all I wanted was to wear jeans.  I wanted to wear Calvins like Brooke. I love them I tell you.  (I never owned Calvin's-mine jeans came from Korvettes).
(I kind of wanted to be Brooke Shields when I was younger-is that weird?)
A few years ago I lost a lot of weight.  Then I became a serious marathon runner.  
Okay whatever.

The point is -is that even though I'm  a respectable size 6-I can not find a pair of jeans that fit me.  I want to wear skinny, stylish, pair of jeans like all the other cool girls.
To find a good pair of jeans they have to say curvy.  Then to be comfortable on my legs they must be a size 12.  To be comfortable on my legs the butt area will sag and I will need a belt. I've read this before in Give a Mouse A Cookie


 My friend's son is a professional hockey player-he gets his jeans custom made so they fit.
 I'm a teacher-I get my jeans at the gap-when they are 40% off.  Better yet Target.

Turns out I'm not alone in this endeavor as women (and some men) of all ages felt the same.  It was even suggested I get Not Your Daughter's Jeans because seniors like them.

OUCH-that hurt more than the tight jeans.

Anyway the commoner's favorite thing that doesn't exist?

Jeans that fit 

No comments:

Post a Comment