Monday, January 2, 2012

The Commoner's New Years Resolutions



Ahh New Years -the sad end to the holiday season and the ambitious beginning to a new year.  Living in California New Year's is a little strange because it takes place 3 hours after the ball drops and 8 hours after my Irish relatives.  I've often thought I should start texting and calling at my new year's time but it's hard enough staying awake to midnight let alone trying to have conversations with people I've woken up.

I also don't really make resolutions-I'm very goal oriented mind you-but January is a hard enough month (no paycheck, holiday bills, holiday pounds, blizzards and rain-have I depressed you yet?)  that I don't feel like it has to have the burden of a 'brand new me' added to the pressures already there.

But maybe I should jump into this trend-you know? That's what a commoner should do try and better themselves right? Go with the trends the media says we should go with.  So I started opening my ears and eyes to the resolutions of others.

There were the usual-how to lose weight, how to organize how to save money -but my favorite was Sean Comb's New Years Resolutions and it was at that moment that I decided this was the year I would bring some PDiddy style into my life.

He had things like discover new operas-three to be exact
floss more
wear more hats
eat more pizza
start a tequilla company

So I decided that those would all be good ones for me to do.  In addition I will start my own vodka line (he's moving on to tequilla so I see an opening) and definitely wear more hats and eat more pizza.  In fact at my vodka company everyone will be required to wear a hat and pizza will be on the lunch menu EVERY day.

But that's not enough is it?  Simply starting my own vodka company can't be enough of an ambition for 2012? So I came up with some more and I'll be talking about these in the coming days.

*watch more reality tv
*eat more junk food
*stay up later
*more online shopping defintely
*wear more clothes with elastic waste bands.

So there you go.  I'll keep you posted about how it goes!  What are your resolutions commoners?  Have you had your first donut of the year yet? Skipped your first work out?  Bought a new file folder? 

No comments:

Post a Comment