Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Commoner Hits the Road Again

When a marathon is over-lots of things happen.  Here are some of them.

My body will break down.  My immune system is weak and I will catch something.  This time it was the throat.  Last year was something deadlier.

I also will revamp my wardrobe in someway.  For instance, I had been running in lycra shorts and a tank top and a head wrap.  When the training was over I switched to traditional running shorts, short sleeves and a cap or bare head.

This was my capri, short sleeve, arm sleeve and head wrap phase a few years ago.

My body had a strange reaction to the marathon.  I became flabbier and heavier.  I don't even know how that could happen.  Now with the marathon over I've cut wayyyyyyyy back on carbs and feel fitter and definitely have lost weight.  Almost five pounds.



It's time to revamp my playlist.  I love my playlist but I'm kind of tired of it.  Today on my first real run back (8 miles on the trail) I typed running into Pandora and walla up beat songs that were fast paced and relevant.  It was a nice change.  I switched back to iPod for the second half but it was a great experiment.  Of course I skipped that Taylor Swift chick.

Greenday is never on my playlist

I was able to really enjoy my run.  Go fast(er) when I wanted to -walk a little slower on the walk breaks.  Stop and take off my long sleeve shirt.  There was no pressure.

I didn't really feel well.  I have no voice (probably back to 60%)  my IT Band is acting up.  But sometimes that feverish sweat a run provides is the best medicine.  I did feel better after the run than before.

I sort of did this move when I had to avoid one of the giant beetles.

The no pressure runs are going to be great.  I am going to keep the weekly mileage up to 10 a week.  I'm going to run a lot of 10Ks and halves.    I may not run a marathon next year.  It takes so much out of me.  

Then again.......

No comments:

Post a Comment