Thursday, January 23, 2020

Central Park

If you add up all of the times I've raced my bicycle and all of the times I raced or run in Central Park on foot (you know-those parades I'm obsessed with) I can't imagine how many laps I've done.
When I raced my bike they were scary because you know- the 80s and Central Park.  Now Central Park is this beautiful oasis so not scary at all.
When I go to New York I don't like to run because the roads are so crappy.  So I try to go when I can race so I get one strong run in and then I just walk ...lots.
This was the Shape Women's half marathon last April.  I had the absolute best time.  Look at me running and smiling.  That never happens in my pictures.  
Being a Title Nine Mermaid Ambassador I run Lots of women only (men can run too) races.  I like them.  This one was fun.  Here's the thing though.  Central Park is a six mile loop so you do two-is of them.  I am not a fast runner.  I don't move fast.  I just move.  
At one point on the second lap the winner came running by on her way to the finish.  Yes I was lapped.  I'm amazed at the speed that elite runners run.  But me?  I get my money out of these.
In a month or so I'll be racing the NYC Half marathon.  I'm not sure if it goes through Central Park .  We'll see.  And look over there?  That guy in white?  He's cheering for me.  He's like a fan.  Maybe not.  He's probably like what's that girl wearing shorts for no-one else is.

No comments:

Post a Comment