Wednesday, January 22, 2020

26. plus .2



Since I turned 50 I had this crazy idea.  This crazy idea that this is the decade where I should run 26.2 miles.  So I did it on my 50th birthday.  But then I did it again and again and again and again and again and is that 4?  I'm going on 6.  What for you say?  No idea.  I just do.  Maybe I secretly always wanted to be in a parade and this is the only one I could get into.  Not that its free-it's super expensive.  Probably like 1000 dollars each time.

This time I ran in DC with the Marines.  Look at these Marines!  They stand at the end (actually they stand everywhere and give you water and donuts and stuff and cheer you on). at the end they give you a medal and then they take pictures of you .  Because why not?  They are heroes and it's a parade.

I look pretty good for the end of a parade don't I?  FYI a few months after this I had knee surgery for Meniscus Repair.  And then I ran two more marathons.

Hoo ra. 

No comments:

Post a Comment