Tuesday, January 28, 2020

A Taste For Fashion

I love clothes.  I have always loved clothes.  It started with my mother and the amazing outfits she would dress me in.  I mean look at me in this picture-not only is the color and style on point but it's on point from head to toe.  

Then I went to Catholic School and wore a uniform for 8 years.  The best part was that in 7th grade I would get to change from the jumper to a skirt and vest combination.  I still wore these great short sets from Sears in the summer.  I still remember when they would come from the catalog all packaged so cool.

True story-I chose Holy Trinity as my high school because of all the catholic schools in Nassau County this was the only one without a uniform.  A dress code yes a uniform no.  Turned out to be a great school and experience -but I think they went back to uniforms.

There were my punk rock days closely followed by my prepster days followed by shoulder pads followed by mom sweats all the way to now and my 3 closets.

In another life I might have been a fashion designer.  So next time you notice or ask do you ever wear anything twice?  The answer is yes -I just know how to style.

No comments:

Post a Comment