Saturday, January 25, 2020

Back to School

I always said I would never get my Masters Degree because it would cost more than it would be worth. Then  right about the time I ran that first marathon I decided I wanted to go into administration so I may as well get my Masters too.

So for two years I went to San Jose State.  It was supposed to be an online program.  It really wasn't and for two years I raced up to San Jose usually on a Friday night.  

The work was just that work.  And I was by far the oldest person in the class by far.  I was surrounded by ambitious and really smart 20 year olds and I became the camp mom.

These kids were always stressed about the assignments.  I really wasn't I was going for good enough not grey hairs.  But these kids grew on me and some are still my friends.

There aren't too many of us who actually became principals. And I didn't really enjoy the work.  There will be no PHD in my future.  But I have a masters and went to a fancy dinner and wore the robe and the collar and the hat.  Because 50 is the new 20 and if you bring snacks your classmates will help you in class when you aren't paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment