Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Commoner Tries Pinterest

  It was sometime around December when I first started hearing the word Pinterest.  I wasn't sure what it was but began seeing people talk about it on Facebook and occasionally someone would have something interesting in their house or classroom and they would say I got that on Pinterest.


So now my interest in Pinterest is spiked (that's funny get it)  and I'm wanting to know what it is.  Well first thing is someone has to invite you.  I hate that-it means I have to ask someone for a favor and then I owe them.  But it makes me even more interested in Pinterested (oops).  And I beg someone who I can't remember for an invite.


So I'm on there now what.  I see lots of recipes and lots of cute things to do with your class which I will never get to do because I'm too busy TEACHING!  (Sorry).  I do  a lot of looking at things but have no idea what to do with any of it or quite frankly the point.


So I constantly campaign on Facebook that I don't know what to do with Pinterest.  I'm really good at Facebook and I lurk on Twitter but this seems ridiculous to me.  Recipes going around, cute classroom crap, what does this mean to me?  People try to explain it and I'm still not getting it.


But you know my level of intense competition and I can't stand that other people -commoners like me-are tearing the Pinterest boards up and I WILL know how to do it.


Then I start to get it.  And I started making boards.  It's great it's like a little scrap book and I'm convinced that it's like one of those wish boards that if you put something on there and believe it will happen.  

  But let's be honest this is me.  So my favorite board is recipes I wish someone would make for me.  This is specifically meant for my cousin Kim and my friend Megan.  They are both GREAT chefs.  Kim on the east coast Megan on the west.  They can both make these things for me-because I never will-you know what?  It worked.  Kim made Guinness cupcakes for me on my trip to NY.

So I start pinning things that I like and when I go back and look occasionally at my Pinterest Board-I notice a trend.  I have very little for work (I hate to say it but I come up with great ideas on my own-which actually are achievable and teach something besides cut and paste).  I have a LOT of outfits on there-explaining why I broke yet another closet in my house, I have some great sayings about running, pictures of New York, I have some funny insulting comments, and I have a lot of pictures of Adam Levine.

So that's Pinterest.  I have to say I'm excited when someone repins something I've pinned.  

I've noticed that there aren't many men on Pinterest, but I'm beginning to notice a few.  My friend Kevin has one that has tobacco ads, leprechauns, and things I played with as a kid.  We often thing alot alike.  I wish my cousin Gina would make one-it would have a lot about Jamesons and kicking ass.

My cousin Lori refused to Pinterest (remember Gumass).  So I have a board labeled things for Lori-so she just looks there.

The thing about Pinterest that I really hate?  This is such a simple concept which works on the idea of copying peoples things. 
Why didn't I think of this I love cheating, spywork, and espionage.



Follow me on Pinterest-look for theresephillips-but please stop posting teacher stuff and post more great outfits so I can steal them.

No comments:

Post a Comment