Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Commoner Feels Young


If you've been reading this blog you know that I'm always looking out for the few people my age.  I feel like there aren't a lot of us that I see so when I hear someone is my age and born in my year I take notice and feel an instant bond with them.  Then I measure myself against them because I'm insanely competitive.

Well this week, as the world knows, Whitney Houston died.  I had forgotten, or maybe not known that Whitney was born the same year as I was.  I was sad when she died because her music was the background to a great time in my life.

I think I measure pretty well against Whitney and how she's done.  I'm married and my kids are doing okay.  I haven't had a reality show.  My husband's name is Robert but I've never called him BOBBY ( insert Kathy Griffin Routine).  I'm alive!

I'll give Whitney a dazzling smile though -she always had that. 

What did make me feel better is that every time- any time -any one spoke of Whitney's death they would say something like this " and she died at the young age of 48."


I'm truly sad for Whitney's family, her daughter, and anyone else personally touched by this loss.  But it's nice to be told that I'm at a young age.

Next week a few big things happen.  First I'm going to New York with Kristen and we're staying with Lori.  I can't imagine the antics and blog worthy events the commoner will find herself in.

 Second it's Lent and that starts the Lenten Random Acts of Kindness Project.  The Third Annual Random Acts of Kindness project.  I usually have to stay quiet about it but this year I'll share them with you.  So Stayed tuned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment