Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Commoner and the 45 Degree Run

Nobody talks about the weirdness of California weather.  We just brag about it. 
But this morning it was 45 degrees when it was time for my run.  I was taught by a friend once train in the weather you have because you don't know what the weather will be on marathon day.  
So I layered up and ran even though it was going to be eighty degrees later in the day.

But I had a great run.  I've had great runs all week.  maybe because there is no pressure right now-it's all for fun.
So I've read this entry on Shape Magazine thirty benefits on running.  

I'll start with number one reason why running has benefits.  It's empowering.  It really is-you don't have to be crazy marathon runner like me-you can just be a runner and you will feel great about how you are doing.  You will gain confidence and you will feel like there's nothing you can't do.  Your strong, your fit and you run-whatever you run.
I've been working on my papers ( I don't really know how many papers I'm in the middle of writing or really when any of them are due)  So I'm eating a lot of these.  Unrelated fact actually.  These are my new obsession
Vanilla Power Crunch Bars.  I tried them at the Rock N Roll Marathon Expo and I'm hooked.  I'm going to go through a box a week if I'm lucky.  They taste like the best vanilla wafer ever but they are a protein bar.  I'm sure they are full of chemicals but everything I eat is so I'm okay with that.

Try them!

Song of the Day

Fun Song and it's vacation so Yes I am

Picture of the Day

Look how happy they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment