Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Commoner Goes Back to School

Summer is over.  It's back to school tomorrow.  I have to say this was the perfect summer -really and here are some highlights.

This summer had an underlying theme and that theme was marathon training.  It loomed like a cloud that was always there.  This training has not been easy and there have been more bad runs than good.  But it's going and it involved running in beautiful places.

There was the whole butt-hip pain that took a month of doctor visits and Physical therapy and massage to get rid of.  But it's gone!  
 There was the travel.  It was a summer of travel for sure.  Seattle, The Fairmont San Jose and Newport Beach.  I loved all these trips and I ran all these towns.  I also got the best tan ever which is already gone.


 I spent a lot of time with Danny my son because he was getting ready to go to Navy Boot camp.  When he was finally there I spent a lot of time writing letters to him.  Second to marathon training it was an underlying theme of the summer.
 It was a summer of friends in many, many ways.  There was time spent with old friends in both the Seattle and Newport trip.  It's good to know there are some remains of my hockey life.  

But every week summer was spent with my friends here in town.  The commoners would get together and we had so many laughs and good times.  You've read about them before-if you haven't please make sure you do.


And there was pop culture, music, and television.

Song of the summer:
Television obsession of the summer!

 Is it bad I want her to go to jail?

and app of the summer
It was also the summer of Matt Harvey
 No matter what your not summer entails I wish you good luck and fun adventures.  Summer 2014 will be here before you know and I know that it too will be EPIC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment