Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Commoner and All Things Candy

Summer is almost over.  It's time to drag myself to work and get in the mind frame of teaching.  I love teaching-I do -but this summer was so great!

Summers often have a theme and if there were a theme to this one it would be all about candy.

There were the famous Chewy Sprees
I learned to keep them in my car so there would be moderation.  Sometimes when traveling I would keep them in my pocket for energy.  I even tried running with them. The other day I went to Target and there were only 2 bags left.   PLEASE DON'T BUY THEM ALL I NEED THEM!

On my great trip to Newport Beach the Marriott had a tray of Salt Water Taffy out on the counter every day. It would be a different flavor every day and it was always super soft.  I especially liked it after my runs.

But the candy that I was most addicted to was Candy Crush.  For the longest time I thought this was Candy Cane Crush and I always wondered why it was being played all year.  

But then I was hooked and I can't stop.  I've been on Level 65 for 3 weeks!  I'm hoping one of the kids in my class no some secrets.  Or perhaps I'll pay the Candy Crush Mafia to help me out.

I'm pretty sure there's no way to beat it.  It's a good thing that I can't play when I run but if I could I would definitely do it.  It would make my long runs more fun.

Luckily I have lots of devices and all of them have different games of CC on them so I do get a sense of accomplish sometimes.  But Level 65 on Original IPAD is a killer.

So when I think back of this summer I will remember these things.
  • vacations
  • marathon training
  • hip issues
  • tv
  • and candy candy candy
  •  
If anyone can beat that level please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment