Friday, August 29, 2014

The Commoner and The Tour of Norcal

Fridays are going to be crazy.  My life is crazy these days but in a good way.  Here is my day.  Now note Friday there is no running and there is no work at my school.   That would make it an easy normal day.

7:30 Head on out to Santa Cruz for training.

I wish.  It wasn't that kind of training.  I'm not a fan of Santa Cruz.  It's far out of the way from every where and I usually can't find parking.  I don't even know how Siri got me there we just ended up at the Office of Education.

1:00 back in the car to San Jose where I have Friday night class.  That's right Friday Night Class.  I'm a city girl, I like city streets and straight Free ways.  I spent my cycling years riding the service road to the Long Island Expressway.  The mountainous pass from Santa Cruz to San Jose to me is a white knuckle fear fest.  Kind of like that roller coaster.

If you google images for Highway 17 most of what you see is car crashes.  I can't imagine having to do this in the rain.  I'm sure I will have to.

Since Santa Cruz lets out at 1-it gives me plenty of time to get over this monster as a white knuckle old lady.  My reward?
That's right!  Macy's Labor Day Sale and Chipotle for lunch.  Oh yeah and some crazy candy store where I bought treats for class.  I even bought treats for my class mates.  They were very happy.

I had 90 minutes at the beautiful mall.  I remember thinking 'come on ! It's 2PM on Friday and you are at the MALL.  Not just any mall.  My favorite mall in the country.  No the world!!   

Back in the car and down the road to San Jose State where it turns out my new professor teaches 3 classes, works full time, AND commutes from Felton to Gilroy to San Jose.  Felton is on HWY 17.  She gets it and I think I'm going to like her.   Plus class got out at 6!
She made us chose writing partners.  That person will be helping us.  The best writer in the class is my partner.  This is really my day.

Then I got home-and decided that even though it was 8 O'Clock  I was going to relax, watch Shark Tank, and play with IPAD.  Then I fell asleep.

That was a great plan.  The problem?  That sleep became a nap and by 10:30 I was awake and ready to start the day.

You know what?  It was a pretty good day.  Fridays, at least every other one-are going to be okay.