Friday, June 27, 2014

The Commoner's Dog is Really Fat

Benjie oh Benjie.  What are we to do?


There was a time when Benjie could jump as high as my head.  He could climb on furniture in one step and play fetch literally for hours.


It's summer and that means lots of bonding time for me and the dogs.  One thing I've noticed is that Benjie's stomach hangs almost to the floor.  He waddles when he walks. He can't jump and his idea of playing fetch goes like this...
He waits at the top of the stairs and rolls his bone to me down the stairs.  I then throw it back up to him and the game continues.  So you see fetch is no longer fetch-it's a game of catch.
Well okay not quite like this....

So I had a talk with chubby today.  I put him on my lap and said-look Benjie this has to stop.  I know your sister Bella can eat as much as she wants and never gain weight.

Life's not fair like that but that's how it is.   So for you Benjie -no more treats, and I have to take your dog dish away.  This is for your own good.  And yes you have to exercise -which will be a challenge because walking Benjie is not even close to enjoyable.  This is for your own good.  

Off the couch Dog-it's workout time.


No comments:

Post a Comment