Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Commoner Loves Coconut

I have to tell you that one of my favorite foods is coconut.  


I love coconut but I don't eat it like this.

My first favorite coconut product is the Mounds bar.  And not just the Mounds bar but the coconut chocolate you may find in the Russell Stover Chocolate box.
 My first favorite drink was the Pina Colada.  A frosty alcohol drink made of pineapple, rum, and coconut.
 One of my favorite out of the pantry, satisfy your sweet tooth snack has always been sweetened shredded coconut.  So chewy, so sweet, so yummy.

  Then there's the SnowBall.  I still buy these occasionally.  I love them.  

 At that point I was pretty sure my coconut options were done.  What else is there really?  I was wrong-along came coconut water.  The rather pricey miracle drink which had more electrodes than Gatorade and more Potasium than a banana.  It's the perfect drink for a runner.  But it's pricy so I only drink it after runs-and I have it delivered monthly from Amazon.  Yum.
 Next up?  Coconut Milk.  So delicious, cream, but light.  Like a pina colada but good for you.  I drink it when I'm thirsty, or hungry, or need a pick me up.  It's creamy and delicious.
 And now? Last but not least-coconut oil.  I hear it's great for everything, you can cook with it and it's organic.  But I like it for all of it's beauty purposes, moisturizer, conditioner, itch relief, you name it.  It's fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment