Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Commoner Stays at the Fairmont

I have many times told you about my commoner job of teaching.  Well I do like a good conference, so when the opportunity arose to go to The Good Teaching Conference in San Jose on the Union's dime-I said sign me up!

My friend Rosa said let's stay in San Jose Saturday!  Great idea -I'll get on that, like never.  Don't get me wrong I wanted to-after all these are exhausting days and if I came home Saturday I wouldn't go back Sunday.  

Time went on and I was busy doing what ever and we didn't have a room.  At the last minute I was able to get a room at the beautiful Fairmont Hotel in San Jose.  I've never stayed there, mostly because they probably never had a deal with a hockey rink.  I typically don't stay in San Jose.

 

So we were able to check in super early-7:30AM. We valeted the car and went up to our swanky room.  I've stayed in some swanky rooms but this is the first time I was in a room with a seperate tub and shower.  I was truly impressed.  I'm a commoner and it doesn't take much to impress me apparently.  

The day went great-we warded off the tiny cheerleaders who were separated by a curtain from the teacher's at the conference.  We bought things, we learned about masters programs, we had coffee, we filled out raffle tickets, we learned about the common core (and freaked out a little), had lunch, started a business for my class and went back to the hotel.   

In spite of cutting out of the President's speech it was a great  event.  Plans were made for dinner at the Grill at Fairmont-and this had been an over all success. 

Wait until I tell you about our night at the Fairmont.


No comments:

Post a Comment