Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Vivo Fit Obsession

Oh how I miss my Nike Fuel Band


It had the time, it had the lights, it had the fuel points that no one knew what they even meant about  (bad sentence on purpose) and mostly it only had your active calories.  How many calories you actually burned based on working out.  But then mine died and I got a VIVOFIT for Christmas.


I love this thing.  It tells time, sets goals for me, syncs with my garmin express which I already have because my running watch is that, never needs to be recharged and.......counts my calories.  All of them.  Not just the active ones.  And guess what?

I don't burn very many calories.  I'm 5 pounds too heavy remember?  For me to lose them I could only eat 1000 calories a day..  I'm obsessed now with this realization.  So in addition to my runs I make sure that I log somehow 5 miles a day so I can eat. 

Because as Rolling Stones say

What a drag it is getting old.


This sucks.  When did my metabolism come to a halt?  I think around March of last year.  I blamed it on stress but even marathon training didn't help.  But I have to get rid of them because just a little snack at the Cheesecake factory will add 5 pounds instantly.  I LOVE TO EAT


So if you see me walking around town endlessly in circles it's not because I'm tired from running It's because I'm old and I'm fat.


No comments:

Post a Comment