Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Commoner Is Thankful You Only Do This Every Three Years

When you are a teacher they don't like you to have tuberculosis.  They frown upon it big time for some reason.   So every three years you get a note that you have to get a TB test.

The district pays for it and that's all well and fine but you have to go to the Urgent Care.  Because of the hours they are open I always have to go on a Saturday.  You know what that means?  That means I had to wait one hour and 15 minutes to not even see a doctor.

I was a little upset.  I was third in the door and about the 6th person seen.  If you have something so bad that you need to jump ahead of the line?  You need the emergency room.  

I did give everyone a piece of my mind.  I'm not here to see a doctor.  If you contract with the school district you should have a better process.  Give me a receipt I have no proof I was even here.

I have to go back on Monday to check the results.  Why haven't they developed a better process for this it's 2013!  I don't know how I am going to pull this off-but I have to go back on Monday.

So today I am thankful that I don't have to do this for three more years.  Maybe I can take my flying car there and be first on line.  Which means I'll be the 10th person in to see the 'med tech'


No comments:

Post a Comment