Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Commoner is Thankful for San Francisco

I'm a city girl at heart.  I always will be!  I was born  in Queens, lived in Westbury -a city in its own right-and the big city was my playground.

I don't live in New York any more.  I miss it very much and it will always be my favorite.  

But I don't live there anymore.  I hardly ever get to go and when I do limited time is spent in the city.  I say sometimes I'm going to sneak away and spend a weekend there-I've never actually done that.


I'm glad to have San Francisco filling in as my city home.  I love it there.  It's a beautiful, world class city and I love everything about it.  I love the bridge (to look at) I love Union Square with all the shopping.  I love AT&T Park.  I love the 49er and the Giants, the As and the Warriors.  Love them all.

I love the hills-they are gorgeous .  I love that I get to run Bay to Breakers every year and see it on my feet.  I love the Embarcadero. I love that walk from the Ferry Building to the ball park.  I like looking at the Bay Bridge at night.  The Golden Gate is pretty awesome too.

I like knowing that there are plays there, sometimes before they get to New York (I've only been to one but I like knowing I can go if I want to). There are great museums there too (I never go but they are there if I want them).   I like that it's both sophisticated and trashy at the same time.  I like that it's the most expensive city in the country-I take pride in that.  

I like that I'm a short drive or train ride from going there, whenever I want.  I like it so much I'm going this weekend.  No one really comes to visit here, it's because they don't really know how great it is.  

Listen to me!  San Francisco is great and I can go anytime I need a city fix.

Today I'm thankful that this is my city.

No comments:

Post a Comment