Monday, February 16, 2015

A February Heat Wave

Sunday was one of the best runs I have had in a long time.  Except for one thing.  It was hot!!!

There was this girl running really fast.  Her dog was running with her.  I should have done this with Bella-she could have been a runner.  The dog looked tired.  His tounge was hanging out of his mouth.

I was not really ready to run in 70 degree weather.  But California in the winter is enjoying the benefits of global warning.  My trail doesn't have a beach but my race last week did.

I hardly notice but I'm training for the San Francisco Half Marathon.  I love this one because you run over this beautiful bridge-which ironically I was not afraid of.
You start off here by the beach by some neighborhood where people live and get to ride their bikes on paths by the bridge-it's never sunny there but somehow beautiful.  This may not be that particular neighborhood but it bears a close resemblance
I've really learned about San Francisco and it's different neighborhoods from racing there -a lot.  This is Bay to Breakers.  It's so much fun to run this one.  With the pink ape and naked guys.
Valentine's is over so it's time to focus on St. Patrick's Day.  I love St. Patrick's Day.  Rob said he wants to buy a farm in Ireland.  If I live there I can have goats, sheep, and more dogs.  I'm actually tempted.  By the way I race in Los Gatos on St. Patricks' Day.

If you live somewhere where it's cold and you are training for a marathon I'm sorry.  Come to California.  It's beautiful here.


No comments:

Post a Comment