Monday, February 10, 2020

Scenes from A Run

As it becomes time to rev up the mileage on the path to the New York City Half Marathon-I take my long runs on the road. Off I went to Monterey for my 9 mile long run.  There's a beautiful trail that runs from Castroville to Pacific Grove (I think ).  I start in Seaside.


I should be one of those people who take pictures but really there isn't much to take pictures of that you haven't seen before.  Let's see if I can dig up some for you.



This is what it looks like and it is beautiful.   So I don't have to keep taking them unless there is something interesting.

Okay look closely Here on the basketball court of Monterey right by the aquarium were the numbers 8 and 24 interlaced in the fence. There's also a beautiful blue sky.  

As I was climbing the super big hill up by Seaside I met an older runner who was coming the opposite direction.  I stopped and talked to him.  He was 79 years old and had run 25 marathons in his life.  He only does half marathons because they take up too much time to train for.

So he told me about  Blue Zones and how those that live to be a hundred exercise and I should keep that up.  He told me that he was running a half marathon next month too.

You never know who you see on this trail.  But it's beautiful and not too far from home.  Join me here.




No comments:

Post a Comment