Monday, July 9, 2012

The Commoner Loves Cookbooks


This summer since I decided not to work-and some days not leave the house.  I've taken on some things I've been really wanting to do.  Among these things is learn how to use my Mac Book I bought last year, learn how to make jewelry.  And finally cook my way through the Pioneer Women's Cookbook.


Although I'm Italian and afraid of cowboys and nature.  I'm drawn to that good old cooking that the Pioneer Woman makes.  I also think she's funny inspite of living a life that would scare the crap out of me.

Well this is a wonderful cookbook full of mouthwatering, delicious American recipes and I am going to cook my way through it.

Well a few of these recipes have been bonifide hits.   Rob absolutely LOVED the breakfast potatoes and the french pastry thing (basically a biscuit which you dip in butter and cinnamon sugar while still warm) were both really good.

Sometimes though I look at the ingredients, I read the story, I look at the pictures, I go over the directions-and then .....I decide to just have the dish at a restaurant or go the bakery and buy the item.   It's so much easier and faster and neater.

No comments:

Post a Comment