Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Commoner Doesn't Spend 1 Billion Dollars on Pictures!

I had vacation this week.  I have to admit, I went into hermit mode and except for an occasional run, pretty much didn't leave the house.  I needed the mental break.


I did a good job of staying out of stores and shopping, although possibly an online purchase may have passed my way, not really sure.  But I can shop with the best of them mind you.  When I'm in my zone and given the right mood and opportunity, I can power shop like it's nobodies business.  


Monday twitter, Facebook, CNN, Fox News, Sports News, Fashion News, any news you can name were all abuzz with the fact that Facebook had bought Instagram for 100 billion dollars!  Okay 1 Billion dollars-such a ridiculous number it doesn't even matter.    It's a Dr. Evil with a white cat kind of number chewing on his pinky!


Now I'm a bargain hunter and I never buy anything unless it's on sale.  I have no idea what the asking price was for Instagram, but I've outsmarted Mr. Zuckerburg because I've used  Instagram many times FOR FREE!

What I like about Instagram is that you can use these filters, which I don't really know how to use.  The other thing I like about it is you can instantly post things to Facebook.  Which came in handy when we went hiking in the mountains, and I was sure there was going to be an earthquake and I knew that Facebook and the photos would help my children find me when I was stranded up there and forced to eat my shoe.

So you see Mark you may own enough money to buy Instagram but I'm smarter than you because this commoner is using it for free.  The commoner has shown you.  Okay maybe not.  But I certainly feel less guilty about my latest QVC purchase.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment