Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Commoner is Finished

Today was my last run in marathon training.  A great 2 mile run -it felt really good. Regardless of what happens Sunday I survived the training.  I would do it again in a heart beat.  Yes I said that.

 I was sad when I was done because like I told you after I hated Marathon training I like it a lot.  Here are some things I will miss about marathon training.

I will miss eating whatever I want whenever want.  I found that I was hungry all of the time but could not eat very much of anything.  I didn't have to worry about what I ate and I could eat all the carbs I wanted.  My metabolism was revving all the time.  I will miss that very much.

 I will miss having a mental focus to place all my stress.  A lot has been happening in my life these days-they've all been good but they all mean stress.  It was nice to be able to focus all that stress on the marathon training.  Oh no! I have a paper due, but I'm really worried about that 15 mile run this weekend!
 I will miss the fact that for the first time ever I like the way my legs look.  When I was a cyclist I had these huge muscles.  I've always had thick legs-but running made wearing shorts a breeze all summer.
This is not how I look in shorts but hey! I wasn't going to show my legs to you!

I will miss not having to do anything on Sundays because I had my long run and then I was recovering by not wearing makeup and putting on sweats and taking a 2 hour nap.  

A short little 5 mile run won't merit that laziness-I mean recovery for me.

But most of all?  I'll miss marathon training.

See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment