Monday, February 3, 2020

To the Motherland


A couple of years ago I had one of those awful pivotal years.  The kind of year which sucks so bad but propels you to something better.  Which it did because I'm super lucky to be working where I am and in the place that I am.  


But along the way I took a much deserved long awaited trip to Europe on the most beautiful cross ship in what I call the Motherland.  Italy.   Rome, Florence and Naples.

I am 100% of Italian Heritage.  I've not done a DNA test but everyone all the way back was Italian.  No dosages of random other Europeaniss like the rest of the family. And I look Italian.  I'm of southern Italian Peasant stock.  With the attitude to go with it.

Look at me there.  I think I look good for having flown 12 hours.  I was so excited to be there.

After all Italy is the home of Art, Food, Fashion, Religion, Music, History?  Keep going.  All of it.   And going there were the essence of every family tradition and the way I looked. 

That cruise was so amazing.  It was perfect.  I'll go back to Italy someday.  Probably 2021.  Even if I go all by myself.  Have you been there?  You need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment