Wednesday, February 5, 2020

50 is the new Hot

I've been fighting aging for quite some time.  It's part of the workout every day almost-run the marathons-run in the dark obsession I have.  I'm determined to fight it every step of the way. 
Lets face it I attacked my career in my 50s ran my first of 4 marathons and haven''t looked back.

I'm not really a late bloomer -I'm actually an old sole.  
But then came Super Bowl some number I'm not sure of.  This was the 49ers my adopted team and the KC Chiefs.  The 49ers have a really young coach.  Like he's 15.  The Chiefs have a super young quarterback.  His mom is younger than me.  

But then came half time.  And this.
She's 50-and she's not listening to what people tell her to do.

But she's not the only one in their 50s.  I'm always protective of people who are my age.  Here are a couple
we are the same age.  I'm sorry-have you seen his abs?

In the running world you see them all the time.  70 year old women breaking records.   In fact I have yet to crack the podium in my age group.  There are women my age who are really really fast and can run far and do so often.  Here's one
In my real life they are everywhere.  I have friend coming back from an injury running 6 minute miles.  

So the next time you are feeling old.  I have a feeling those of us in our 50s-we are going to be blazing trails for decades to come.

Power to the People (over 50)

No comments:

Post a Comment