Friday, April 4, 2014

The Commoner and the Bridges

I can't wait!  Tomorrow I get to go to San Francisco, go to the expo with all the great running things to buy-hang out in the city and then I get to race on Sunday-13.1 miles.
I have some phobias.  One of them is bridges and another is earthquakes. So if those two should collide I have a problem.  But I thought it was awesome that I would face my fear by running across the bridge in a half marathon.
I will take a picture on the bridge running over-I swear.

But I did not realize that I  would have to run over the bridge both ways.  I'm not sure how I thought I was getting back to San Francisco but I didn't think I would run the bridge twice.  So now I'm a little scared.




But I think this is going to be a great race.  Training went well-although I cut a few runs so that's bad.  But I'm healthy and I love running San Francisco any time I can.

After this race I have 2 and a half months before marathon training starts.  I'll run but not too much, work on my strength training.  Get ready for the next big thing at work.  Get through this second semester of my masters.  Get my body strong and healthy before I undertake the monster of marathon training.  I'm ready this time.  I know how to do it. Bring it marathon.
I'm a little scared actually.  I'm scared of this bridge

Picture of the Day:  
This is near my house.

Song of the Day:
Get Lucky-Pharell is having a moment.  Plus I love the guys and Nile Rodgers (2 degrees of separation) but mostly this song is so fun to run to and dance to 


No comments:

Post a Comment