Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Commoners Run for Office

Commoners are not usually Presidents of anything.  That's because it's not common to be presidents.  There aren't a lot of them.  Sometimes at PTA's you may get the position without really trying because no one seems to want to do that job.


I tried running for president once.  Turned out I didn't know as many people as I thought and I lost by 11 votes.


But sometimes the need for change is so great that a commoner has to step up and do something brave.  The commoner sees the need for change and the commoner says YES! I will do this.  I will run for president of The Hollister's Teacher's Union-HESTA.
 Sometimes a Commoner is brave enough to step up and try.
(Kristen is on the right)
You remember Kristen?  She's an original Commoner. So is Rosa actually-she's in the middle.

Kristen is uncommon in the fact that she's uncommon in many ways.  Education lies deep in her roots and so does the town of Hollister-(they call it a city but I can't)  I come from the mother of all cities.  This isn't a city.

I digress -again-Kristen's lived here all her life.

She will be a great president because she's outspoken and not afraid to stand up for what she knows is right.

Kristen isn't alone however-we all stand by her side.  Myself, my friend Janet, my friend Betsey, my friend Michelle, and my friend Cheryl.  

Vote for all of us-we are going to do a good job in our positions.  We fight for truth, justice, and the American Way.
So for Hesta President Hollister School Teachers vote for Kristen Damm


Therese Phillips for Veep
Betsey Hurtado- Grievance Chair
Janet Raper-Secretary
Michelle McCoun-Treasurer
Cheryl Rios-Membership Chair.

Commoners Unite!


No comments:

Post a Comment